Launcher app designed to help your phone be more organized
Streamline the Android experience by opting for Smart Launcher, an innovative Home Screen replacement that does more by showing less. At its heart, a six bubble interface removes launcher clutter and places commonly accessed Apps on one sleek screen. From here, the minimalist design works with fluid momentum to simplify every action. But don't be deceived by the simplified looks, for this uncluttered interface conceals a series of highly organized pages. It's tempting to leap straight into the newly categorized App layout, but let's look at the "flower" bubble interface first.
In order to achieve an impressive speed boost, Smart Launcher adopts a no-nonsense single-screen layout. Each of the circular icons in this front page links to a commonly used application, so the quick access icon circle grants instant access to user-defined dialers, texting Apps, web browsers, and more. The last three allocated spaces on the clean Lock screen are a search bar, a compact digital clock, and a full Apps admittance icon. It's in here that six further pages deliver an intelligently categorized grid layout. A communications category tops the vertically aligned page list, followed by Internet Apps and Games. At the bottom, the settings panel contains utilities and general program settings.
The uniquely conceived Smart Launcher interface delivers speed and minimalism, benefits that have attracted more than 20 million downloads. Above and beyond the intuitive bubble interface, there are themes, a quick search feature, and numerous widgets to truly personalize the Smart Launcher user experience.
- Free to download
- Sleek and clean interface
- Innovative six bubble layout
- Automatically categorizes Apps
- Customizable themes and widgets
- Occasional crashes
- The Pro version costs extra
- Not everyone likes automatic categories
Full changelog here: https://goo.gl/lekM8i
- New icon picker with icon suggestions
- New color picker
- Selectable font for the drawer icons
- Widget picker is now much faster
- Install a font just by opening a ttf or otf file
- Restore a backup just by opening a .slbk from file explorer
- "Dark statusbar icons" works on Huawei phones
- Many improvements for the search bar
- Animated gestures
- updated translated especially for Indonesian and Hebrew
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR: Allows an application to expand or collapse the status bar.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS: Allows applications to set the wallpaper hints.
- USE_FINGERPRINT: Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.